Thursday, September 29, 2011

Off to a Productive Start

Today is my first day at traveling for my job. Heading to Manistee, MI to facilitate a workshop is both exciting and a little daunting. I'm excited to be traveling and seeing the states. I'm overwhelmed by all the little details in the procedures I have to follow.
The day started off well, got out of the house on time got to the airport and then it went sour. My flight was delayed making me miss the connecting flight, got an email saying I needed to upload some data ASAP and finally received a document with details about how to arrange these workshops. I knew I was missing some steps and not receiving crucial information, but was not aware of just how much I didn't know. Well, this is a learning experience and those usually require making mistakes. I'm hoping I have enough time during my layover to address these pesky details and make up for some much needed direction.

1 comment:

  1. *Whew* I'm glad it's you and not me! But I'm absolutely sure you'll get the routine down in no time!

    ReplyDelete